View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 07:47 PM   #127
DesertRat
Registered Users
seller

Re: Let's talk childhood obesity....

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama07 View Post
That may be true for your child but some kids will just not eat and not care.
I don't believe kids will starve themselves though. My kids will sometimes turn their noses up at dinner and I tell them they don't have to eat it, but they aren't getting anything else. They've only completely skipped dinner once or twice. No kid is going to starve missing a meal here or there. And I don't think it's just luck that my kids eat a wonderful variety of things now, despite all having gone through picky stages.

That being said, I used to babysit a kid who was very, very picky. He refused to eat fruits and vegetables altogether. If it didn't come out of a package, he automatically refused it. (his diet was very different at home as they ate a lot of processed stuff) It was pretty stressful to me as his DCP because I could tell he would go hungry during the day knowing his mom would show up with pop tarts and crackers in the car. The stress of it is part of the reason I quit babysitting him. I felt bad letting him go hungry, but I wasn't going to start feeding my kids processed junk just so he would eat with us.

Last edited by DesertRat; 01-19-2013 at 07:54 PM.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote