View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 10:56 PM   #19
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Teen cloth pad set...

There are mixed opinions on how to best wash mama cloth. I drypail mine but only after spraying them with some diluted Biokleen Bac-Out (I wasn't so happy with the results when I skipped that step for a couple, but I do like to avoid bad stains). At the end of my period, I soak them in cold water (with warm oxygen bleach stirred in) for two hours. I've learned that I need to soak my "heavy" pads for a little while and dump the water once before adding the rest of the pads just b/c of the amount of blood (the wash will get it hygenic I suppose with some blood still in there, but I don't like it when I can see and smell blood in there after they've been washed). Then I just do an extra long cold water wash with an extra rinse.

It sounds like your diaper washing settings might be comparable in that one of your two washes could correspond to my soak. However, bear in mind of course that hot water will set blood stains instead of releasing them even if the blood is fresh. The materials that some pads are made out of also don't hold up as well to hot water (some of the manufacturers warn you about this and suggest cold to warm washing). But if she's ok w/ lots of stains, I don't see why that wouldn't work. If you want to wash them with the dipes, two things might help. One is that you could squirt hydrogen peroxide onto the blood of each pad, let it fizz for 1-2 mins, and then toss it in. The second is really along the same lines, I would advise using oxygen bleach, not regular bleach, in loads that the pads are in. The oxygen bleach/hydrogen peroxide just pulls blood out very well.

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 6% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS6 [/B] https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote