View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 05:25 AM   #56
abunchoflemons
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Re: Update! What comprises "unnecessary" prenatal care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post
I agree. One if my healthiest friends had issues with it while pg. She was 30, very thin and fit (she still ran several miles a week through most of her pregnancy) and her diet is the best if anyone I know. She eats lots of vegetarian meals, rarely goes out to eat and doesn't eat junky, high-carb foods. If she can have issues, anyone can. Also, no one in her family had diabetes either. It is certainly not worth to risk to skip the testing IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons View Post
I would look at your state, as each is different. I didn't do the anio and anything related to baby like down syndrome testing. There are some life factors that help contribute to those disabilities if you will.

I still check thyroid as I was hyper with first and after the initial with the second nothing and now apparently hypo in the last with third (girl , girl , and boy if that makes a difference). I did glucose for all. I did the HIV with I think all 3 just like the testing of breast milk some are just preventative/proactive to keep baby safe (back story of breast milk the gal donated then came down with cancer in a few months after so totally on board with every I think about 3 months retesting).

I was on title 19 for first and not for the rest.I don't feel as I was pushed into anything either way. I just know with my first we did stuff a bit more cautiously as I didn't find out til 20 weeks that I was pregnant. I ended up with more ultrasounds and prescription for prenatals.
Thyroid is like Gestational diabetes.... just happens sometimes and not other times. So agreed I would do that test.