View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 12:21 PM   #18
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:
Re: when the trusty Tide and bleach isn't working.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrennaII View Post
We had that problem with Tide, and I find it in the supposedly clean FSOT diapers I buy from Tide households. Switching to Country Save plus a bit of Bac-Out, or Biokleen with enzymes, have served us much better. Whenever I wash a Tide user's diaper in Country Save, it starts revealing a lot of stink as it peels off the built up Tide fragrance.

If you want to stick with the Tide, increase the amount you're using or add a Tablespoon of washing soda. Bleaching more or soaking in oxiclean will really shorten the life of your diapers. Using bleach and oxiclean together creates toxic fumes.

Doesn't sound like vinegar would be helpful for you.

I've never washed our washing machine ...
I completely agree. I used to be on the mainstream detergent wagon (Tide or All w/ oxiactive) until our clothing got detergent residue! Our kitchen laundry had a funk even bleach did not cure. I was using only to the 1 line and could not get those suds out of our clothes. Everything had a weird sweat smell. Then I switched to Country save.

I usually only use 1/4 scoop in our giant FLer and always fill the bleach compartment with white vinegar. Literally the only 2 laundry products we have are CS powder and a jug of vinegar despite having disgusting farm clothes, 2 boys who still have accidents, etc. It rinses clean and is the only natural detergent I have ever felt really works! Our clothes are SO soft and smell incredibly clean without a stinky Tide scent. I won't go back to mainstream detergent detergent and bleach. No way.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote