View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #49
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Looking 4 Advice on Raising Young Kids from Abusive & Severely Neglectful Backgro

I don't have much advice but think you are awesome for just considering caring for them if even short term. Many moms would never even do this yet at least you are trying. My heart breaks for these children and how terrible they were obviously treated since birth.

In a tiny way I can sympathize with your reaction with your daughter and A. When I am around another child my daughter's age who does things that seriously annoy me, I am so grateful to have my daughter. She is observant, good memory, pretty, kind, sweet, quiet, etc etc etc. When I am around a little boy for example that is active, does not speak near as well nor near as smart....I get annoyed with him because I am comparing him to my daughter. Yes, she does annoying things at times but those are things I can and choose to deal with. Other kids have annyoing qualities that almost seem to bombard my personality and I just don't want to be around them even though they are not being bad. They are just different.

That would definitely be a scary situation for us and I know I would resent my husband being able to leave everyday for work with me dealing with all this alone. I also would resent how the foster kids would influence my own kids.

I'm sorry you are stressed and hope you find some answers. These kids are so fortunate to have you in their lives. I hope they can continue to improve and trust you and mesh into the family.
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote