View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #24
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

Re: controling attitude and anger?

My dd is a month older than your's and while I am not a yeller I've walked way from her screaming her head off more than once.

3 is HARD. Really HARD.

Sometimes we feel like she is the terrorist holding us hostage. I flinch when I see her winding up.

This past week I've been on a 'work to rule' campaign with her. There are rules, there are consequences and there are no exceptions. And she's better.

Her big strategy is temper tantrums when she doesn't get what she wants. she gets one warning and then she gets put in her bed now. Or we leave where ever we are. I tell her that girls who fuss and cry must be tired so it's time for a nap.

Now don't get me wrong, she can still scream her head off for a good 20 minutes, but I just walk away. Afterwards, we have a cuddle and she is starting to be able to talk about why we had to leave the park and what she could do differently next time.

Really, the only thing to be done is to wait for them to outgrow it. 3yr olds tough! I remember this with my first dd as well. But in the mean time, do what you have to do so you can get through it. It will be better when they are older.

A glass of wine takes the edge off too...
isabelsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote