View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #27
toys2teach
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: controling attitude and anger?

For my 4 year old snuggle time with mommy usually helps, but it doesn't sound like your dd is easily comforted. In the middle of a tantrum I will ask her if she wants to come sit and cuddle with me in the chair. Her mood usually changes unless she is over tired - then it is hopeless. It also doesn't help when we are in the car or running errands. My daughters personality is sooooo different from my two boys. I also used to be a very calm and patient person. Seriously though, after I had my third child my hormones changed and I felt like I would become psycho woman with the yelling. Honestly anxiety/mood stabilizer meds have helped me a ton. If it is what I need to be able to handle my kids more calmly than so be it. I felt like I was being such a bad example for my daughter. Yelling at her not to yell at me- yea that helps!!! Good luck mama and just remember that unless someone has lived your day by day life they really have no idea what you are going through or how tough it really is...... Some people mean the best, but they just have no idea how tough it can get!