View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #9
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Computermama
Mine's 8 months, almost 9, and naps are a battle. So far the only way I've been able to get her to nap is to nurse her sidelying in my bed, tuck the blanket around her really well so she can't roll, and then sneak out when she's asleep, and put the child end of hte baby monitor practically right on top of her. She'll nap in a stroller or in the car otherwise, or in my arms while I nurse her, but as soon as I move she wakes up. At night I can get her to a sleepy state where I can put her down in the crib and she'll go to sleep, but I can't seem to get her there during the day. She sleeps 10-12ish hours at night, and only gets a 2 hour nap about 50% of the time.

I do miss how my oldest was. Wake at 8am, nap from 1-3, down at 8pm for the night. Not this one.
I guess some baby's just don't sleep a lot. I'm afraid to try side nursing because I'm always so tired and I'm afraid that I'll fall asleep and smush her. I'm a heavy sleeper and she's still tiny.

I'm hoping when the weather gets nicer I can get her to fall asleep by taking her out for a stroller ride. I would welcome the exercise and maybe she would be a little more content with some extra sleep.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote