View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 08:18 AM   #35
sma123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_c_odonnell
Wow- I'm thinking now how can I back out of this . I just ... I'm not ready to drop off my 6 yr old at a strangers house. We only know them from dance and I've never even talked to the mom or kid before. I don't even let my 9 yr old go to people we know alone much my 6 yr old. There's like 3 families total in our lives I trust alone with my kids. Call it bad experiences growing up, paranoia, whatever but hmmm no. Sigh. How do I politely tell this mom all that without looking like a crazy?
BFF was easy- we both had 5 kids and we just played together lol. Hate that she moved and I know I need to let my kids make new friends but its REALLY hard with the communication barrier.
I'm the same... I can't imagine just leaving any of my kids with someone that I don't know... Heck my kids have never even been with a sitter (my oldest is 5) b/c I don't trust anyone. I'd suggest a get together somewhere like the park, chuck e cheese, a kids museum... Just so I could be there too. Paranoid? Maybe... But I'd definitely feel better...