View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 08:36 AM   #12
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Why Are Most Men So Ill-Equiped To Exist?

I 100% agree it depends on what they were made to do as children young adults and even adults. My mil did my dhs laundry all through college. I don't mean when he came home. She would drive an hour to the college, pick it up, wash and fold, drive back and put away. All while my dh partied and did some studying....it makes me sick to even think about it. The first year of our marriage she still bought his underwear, socks, etc and would ship them to us even though we had plenty of money to do this on our own...

BUT I also think they can change. We have only been married for two years but he has started to take initiative when it comes to household duties. The first year I would ask him to do everything I needed him to do which gets really old after awhile. He finally! Is starting to take out trash, empty dishwasher, etc. and he wakes up with the little man both days on the weekends so he doesn't get to stay up all night playing video games.

The only thing we need to work on is him thinking that if I am home, I am the sole caregiver of our son. I physically need to leave the house or be sleeping for him to lift a finger in that dept. but he will get it soon....even if it kills me!