View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #8
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Re: Not sure what I want to do...

I am really frustrated.

AF has really hit my supply. I decided I wanted to try to get to get him to nurse, but my supply is in the tank. I am trying to bring it back up. I have been pumping every two hours, since yesterday morning. I have been taking blessed thistle and fenugreek too. I started out pumping like a quarter to a half an ounce at a time, and I have seen NO improvement at all. He's taking 4 ounces every 4ish hours from the bottle, clearly it's been mostly formula since it took almost a whole day to get 4 ounces pumped. I don't know how much longer I can keep this up. Ironically, he latched on twice today, which is good, but he didn't have the patience to wait for the letdown, which is taking 3 to 5 minutes when I pump. If I could get the supply back up, I am sure I could get him to nurse again.

At this point, I am out of formula, I have an ounce in the fridge and that's it. I am going to have to go buy some more formula, and I so did NOT want to be buying formula for this little guy. I didn't want to spend the money.

As for bottles....we are only using one bottle for him. It's a NUK with the slowest nipple they make. When he is done with it, I wash it out and get it ready for the next time. Is there a better one to use to fight a bottle preference?

I have also considered making the bottle lukewarm instead of fully warming it up, so that if he wants it nice and toasty he has to get it "from the tap." I dunno.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote