Old 01-24-2013, 07:54 AM   #122
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: January Chat for Feb Mamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by gghmommy View Post
I'm so glad to be reading all the good news. I am one sick mama. I don't know what kind of cold I have but it is horrible. Will be 37 weeks on Friday. My cold started last Friday afternoon. My mom took DD home with her so hubby and I could get a little extra rest over the weekend since she'd had a cough with drainage that would wake her a couple times a night and hubby had some symptoms. I took a nap after they left and woke with a sore throat and cough- go figure. I can't sleep longer than an hour then I wake up coughing and choking on phlegm. It's been green since Sunday. I feel like it's never going to get better. My ribs hurt from coughing so much. I have headache from no sleep and I'm getting more whiney by the day. Hubby's great about doing anything he can for me, but he can't really do anything. When I called the office, they said I was doing everything I could and it was just really bad due to being pregnant. I'm wondering how my BPP and NST will go Friday morning when I am coughing baby off the monitor! Then I get to see a different OB than mine, but I don't really mind, I just wonder what she's going to say about this fun cold, and I figure someone in the office is going to spray down the room after I leave. I mean, I would if someone hacking like me came in! Anyone have any tips on getting over it? I mean baby could come anytime, right!
I just had a sinusy thing from the weather changing, but no coughing. I can say long, hot, just-stand-there showers helped me feel better. Also, get a neti-pot if you don't already have one or at least some aerosol-can saline spray...those are better than the squeeze bottles to me. Maybe they will give you some antibiotics to help get you well quickly before the baby gets here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princesses+1 View Post
I had my final OB appointment today. I am 3 cm and 50% and 38 weeks 4 days with an induction scheduled for Monday morning the 28th. I have large babies, so we induce at 39 weeks. I've had some contractions here and there but nothing significant. I have this feeling that I'll go into labor on my own this weekend, which would be fine as well, but other than that I'm just R-E-A-D-Y!!! I feel like a complete slug and don't want to do anything other than sit. Thankfully my husband is fabulous and so understanding! It's a full moon on Sunday I believe, so it wouldn't be too surprising if it happened then...
Good luck, mama!! Unless another baby gets impatient, you are surely going to have the next one. I can't wait to see photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fancy Pansy View Post
I managed to remove what little remained of my toenail polish...only to discover that bending over like that was causing my toenails to turn BLUE! It happened again when I was putting on lotion (in the same position). Apparently my circulation isn't so good.
This made me giggle

Sarah, I hope he does get there soon, too! I feel bad for your son, though do you know already where you are getting the fire wood from? Would they not take pity on a 9-month preggers and deliver? Or do you know a teenager that would do it for quick $20?

I have my 38 week appt. this morning. I have this fear he is going to check me and tell me I need to go straight over to the hospital, so I'm going to take my hospital bag just in case, lol

ETA: I'm so dang excited, I bought this last night from FSOT:

http://www.wrapsodybaby.com/shop/pro...prod=aphrodite

Have a great day mamas!!!

Last edited by Steph Ed; 01-24-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Steph Ed is offline   Reply With Quote