cinderella08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Birth Plan for Hospital

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursenmom View Post
what she said! I'm a nurse (although I don't have much experience in labor & delivery) and I really highly doubt the vast majority of nurses would read this (and, in particular, remember it), it's very extensive and gives off a bad vibe.

My advice is do what you want, refuse what you don't. If you need you think you'll need help having the birth you want, hire a doula.

ETA: I had a natural birth at a hospital without a doula that was not stressful at all thanks to a wonderful nurse. Unfortunately the demeanor and helpfulness of the staff will likely be luck but I think the birth plan in it's original format may start you off on the wrong foot. I had a birth plan but it was much more for me and my hubby.

"start you off on the wrong food" is the perfect word - it just (IMO) gives a vibe and feels like you aren't flexible at all.... Like it puts up a total wall between you and the staff. I've found that staff members are often willing to bend over backwards to accommodate requests if you ask very nicely and are willing to compromise, you know?
Expecting Oakley Lennon in March 2015!
cinderella08 is offline   Reply With Quote