View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 07:29 AM   #23
MamaBarton
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: BC/family planning after the baby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
Just wondering what people are planning for BC or family planning after their LO is born?
We definitely want atleast 1 more but I'm not sure exactly how we''ll decide to space it. Since I'm a school nurse this will work perfectly for us since my maternity leave gets me to the summer, so I'll get 4 months off. BC gives me bad side effects and my uterus isn't shaped right for an IUD. I probably need to research more but you usually don't ovulate while your BFing?
sorry no idea what others have responded in regards to ovulating during breast feeding but I thought I would answer anyway... you are only covered naturally for 52 days by breastfeeding. thats all!

As for us we decided back in March that we were going of all BC from here on out... only natural family planning.... and we are honestly kind of hoping we get pregnant again fairly soon. I am 29 and my husband will be 38 shortly after the baby gets here so we are not getting any younger, and we more than a few kids so that means having them close together!
with baby #1. Mary Elizabeth due April 2, 2013!
MamaBarton is offline   Reply With Quote