View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #8
TypeAMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Di**ae
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm STILL Stuck on Toys

Thank you all so much! The things that have helped the most were "if it's in storage, it can't possibly be her favorite" and "try thinning out some of the sets." But honestly, it's ALL helpful right now.

So I just packed up the following to get rid of today: 1 doll stroller, 1 doll carrier, 7 puzzles, bristle blocks, 1 large shoebox of play food, the 2 stuffed animals my daughter agreed to part w/ last week, 20 kids VHS tapes, 6 chevron cars, 1 board game and 1 ball. I have so much more progress to make, but I'm finally feeling a little better.

Does anyone else have a hard time downsizing collections? I think that's an awesome suggestion but when it comes to things like building toys, how do you know if you will end up w/ too few to actually build something? Like we have 2 sets of megabloks/duplos but 1 set doesn't seem like enough to build much. BTW, she's never been into building toys. We've had wooden blocks, largest mega bloks, mid-size mega bloks, bristle blocks and lincoln logs and the wooden blocks have gotten the most use even though they're more often used in pretend play as "cheese" and other food. She's such a girly girl, but building toys seem like something she should have so I'm not limiting her play options.
and a slave to my 2 kitties (no cat smilie?!).
TypeAMom is offline   Reply With Quote