Old 01-27-2013, 10:06 PM   #20
PailPowder
Registered Users
Formerly: tina041077
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tax Refund part 2

I am posting something else I found. I am not 100% sure of the reliability of it, but wouldn't that be nice??

I found this hope it helps

I think I may be able to shed some light on this matter for everyone. This only applies to the few filers that have already been acknowledged as “Accepted” from the IRS. A friend of mine actually works for the developer of the new Efile system, and has been working with the IRS as an independent contractor for each of the past 4 tax seasons as they have increased the usage of the MeF system. Every year, they have pulled a few hundred tax returns earlier than the initial processing start date to test the system. This gives them a chance to ensure that the system works correctly and can correct any software issues prior to the mass influx of returns on the real processing date. The reason they do this is because the system can become overloaded and crash, similar to a website server crash, and it did in fact crash last year the first day the IRS officially opened processing- delaying some returns by a week. The fixed the system within a day, and everything went smoothly from then on for the most part. So there’s a brief history of what they do and why. Now, this year, like previous, they have pulled a couple hundred returns a day beginning this week (a week early) to get a run through, because the MeF will be used exclusively for the first time.

According to my friend, if you’ve been accepted you have an 80% chance of the return being processed and refund being issued by the system within 3-5 days. The other 20% that don’t have typically been flagged by the system and the return needs to be manually gone over to check for fraud or typical errors. Those people can expect a 1 to 3 week delay in their processing. This is why the IRS has not released a refund cycle chart this year, and why they delayed the mass processing until Jan. 30, it gives them a buffer. Previously, people took the cycle chart as the be all, end all when the IRS clearly stated it was not a guarantee of deposit or check dates.

Anyway, with that said, If you’ve been accepted this week, there is a strong possibility that you will have your refund by next week, before the IRS has even officially opened tax season. I can tell you as well, that most of the returns that were accepted the first day of testing have already been processed and refunds were issued beginning today. Anyone who was accepted by today (Friday, 1/25), could expect to start seeing their refund issued by Wednesday (1/30) even earlier in some cases. Once again, this only applies to the few filers that have already been acknowledged as “Accepted” from the IRS. So, like the IRS I can’t guarantee when you’ll get your money, but I can tell you that you should feel pretty optimistic (about 80% optimistic) that you’ll be seeing your refund quite earlier than you thought if you’ve already been accepted. The other thing to keep in mind to is that once the IRS has direct deposited your refund to your bank, it’s up to your bank when they make that money available. For example, my bank no matter what, makes every direct deposit to my account paycheck, refund or otherwise available at 8 AM the next business day. They could have received the deposit at 8:01 AM on a Friday and it won’t be available to me until 8:01 AM on Monday. so just make sure to check with your bank on their policies, which they don’t always abide by. My bank claims to release the funds as soon as they receive them; which is a load of crap as I pointed out to you how they make the money available to me.

If you’re getting a direct deposit from a 3rd party because you opted to take out the fee to have your returns done by a tax software or professional (i.e. using Turbo Tax and opting to pay via your refund) add another day or 2 to your wait because the irs will deposit the refund to SBTPG (the bank TT uses) and then SBTPG will deposit the refund minus their fees to your bank. And typically banks hold this money longer because it is not coming from a government agency.

Source(s):

Software Developer, Independent Contractor for IRS MeF systems
Source(s):
Yahoo
3 hours ago Report Abuse