View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 10:42 PM   #6
SarasynFox
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: keeping baby/kid clothes for future children?

I honestly tried saving stuff, but I realized that it was just too much of a hassle. We finally ended up getting rid of all but the favorites after my second son was born. We did the same after my third was born. Honestly, I'm glad I did. We were able to pick up enough stuff from friends, Freecycle, and a few new things. We've already given away most of the littlest guy's stuff, even though we're thinking about having one more. We just find it easier that way, especially since we tend to move a lot and don't have a lot of space to store things in our current place. When we have the next one, we're just going to go with thrift finds, gifts, donations, hand-me-downs from friends, so it just doesn't make sense to hang on to it all. Besides, it's better to see that stuff in use.

Another thought, do you have any friends who are having boys? Maybe you could set up a clothing swap, or find a bunch of moms to do a hand-me-down trade. You might be able to let someone else use the clothes and get them back when you know if you're having a boy. Then again, it might be a bit too inconvenient if you're moving out of state, but it can be done. It wouldn't be the first time families have mailed second-hand clothes because it's still cheaper (even after paying shipping) than buying new!
SarasynFox is offline   Reply With Quote