View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 08:34 AM   #17
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post

You would understand if you saw where we live. It's like the moon out here. We work in a tiny town of about 100 people...in the middle of nowhere. We have no stores in town, no gas station, nothing other than a bar, mine, library, and post office. The closest town for groceries is over 50 miles away, and it's all desert between here and there. It is an old mining town, and there are a lot of old run down houses here. If the school district didn't have a house for the teacher to live in, they would never get a teacher to work here. The district owns two houses in our town...ours and our neighbor's, who is the maintenance person for the district. So, we rent from the district.

We have a 4 day school week (M-Th), and when we first moved here we would always go into another town 100 miles away to go rock climbing and get our groceries there. We would go there two times on the weekends, so we were spending a lot of time on the road. We decided to keep an eye out for a house in that town so we could live there on the weekends, and actually own a house (it would make no sense to buy in the town we work in). We go over there on Thursday nights and stay until Sunday evenings, and we go over there on some of our breaks. It's an older house that needs a lot of updating, but the price was right, it's in a beautiful location, and it allows my girls to participate in some extra curricular activities.

If this was a private forum, I would totally post the link to an article that was written about our county/town/school a few years ago. But it has our names in it and other info I don't want to share on a public board.
Interesting! Makes more sense to me now. Thanks for sharing
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote