Old 01-28-2013, 12:19 PM   #3
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: Am I terrible because...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandni3 View Post
I don't really want a natural birth? I want to want one, but I'd much prefer to go in, get an epi and just sit and relax until it's time to push. I know there can be side effects, I know the reasons natural is better, but I just don't want to go through all that pain. I had a great experience with my epi for my daughter and it makes me want to just do it the easy way again. How do I make myself want a natural birth?
I love natural birth, personally, for myself.

But I don't see why you should try to *make* yourself want one.

If you've read all about the pros/cons and risks of epis, and you are comfortable having one, laboring in bed on your back, then do it your way.

That's what informed consent is all about! Knowing the pros/cons and risks associated and making whatever choice fits YOU best.

Know what else? I've had 3 natural pain-med-free births. I am planning my 4th in the next 6 weeks. Sometimes I think to myself, "I wonder what it would be like to just go get an Epi, get hooked up, watch TV for a few hours, maybe take a nap, and then push a baby out of my vag.... be catered to for a few days, brought my meals, get to watch cable, have visitors and flowers delivered to my room....hmmmmmm"

While I believe in natural birth being the best choice, it certainly isn't without its own set of "cons"! Do what works for you, mama. Don't base your decision on what others will think.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote