View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 03:17 PM   #9
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Re: Operation back to the boob seems to be helping

I don't know if I am going to be successful with this. This weekend was SO busy that I just didn't have time to fight him much. So he had at least 2 full 4 oz bottles, and I think DD1 gave him another 2 ounces earlier in the day yesterday.

Today, I got up at 4am to pump. When I got up, DD3 woke up which woke up DH. And him getting up and taking care of DD3 resulted in waking up the baby. I had JUST finished pumping, so I knew that if I tried to nurse him he was going to freak out because everything was flowing so slow. I tried just rocking him and he did fall asleep...for half an hour. Then he woke back up, so I changed his diaper and rocked him some more and he slept for all of 15 minutes and was back up. I couldn't get him to stay latched on for more than a minute, so I ended up giving him an ounce of EBM from the bottle just to get him back to sleep.

Now, once we got up for good at 8, I managed to get him to nurse, but he wouldn't let me sit down. I don't know how much he took in, but he was pretty fussy still when he was done. We nursed off an on, for only a minute or two at a time, like every 30 to 45 minutes, for a couple of hours. Then he went down for a long nap, around 11:30, and I was finally able to pump, only about half an ounce.

At 1:30, I took the girls to McDonalds to let them run around in the tubes and run off some energy. I brought a 4 ounce bottle because I wasn't going to walk around the McDonalds play place with my boob hanging out trying to get a fussy baby to latch on. But, he only took half an ounce from the bottle. I was able to get him to nurse for about 2 to 3 minutes at a time, while sitting down, about every 10 minutes, for the hour and a half that we were there.

But when we got home, he was still fussy, and hungry, gnawing on his hands and such. I couldn't get him to latch on at all, and I didn't want to waste the 3.5oz of EBM I had, so I gave him the rest of that. He went down for another nap, so I pumped, and got less than half an ounce.

I am frustrated and tired. I am going to keep fighting till Friday, but I just don't know that we are making enough progress. I don't have time to keep this up much longer.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote