View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
MavericksMama
Registered Users
seller

Help, I am so confused! **Kids Glasses**

My 5 year old daughter recently went in for her first eye exam, both our neighbor and my mom recommended taking her, because when she watches a movie, she looks sideways out of the corner of her eye.

While reading the charts, the opthamologist figures she was seeing between 20/20 and 20/25 out of her left eye, and 20/25 consistently out of her right eye. The prescription she gave her was 1.5+ on the left eye, and 3.5+ on the right eye. From what I understand, this is so she will start using her right eye more and strengthen it. I asked a mom from my daughter's cheer squad, because she has two kids in glasses, and she agreed it was best to get them. Asked the eye doctor at Walmart, and he agreed with the private practice person my daughter saw, even though he doesn't work on commission.

Here is my gripe/my worry. That 3.5+ is SUCH a big correction! I don't see why if it was near-perfect in the left eye, why they didn't do no prescription there, and a lesser prescription in the right eye. Thoughts??? She says things are so blurry, and keeps pushing her glasses up on her head like you would sunglasses, or looks above or below them. I know all glasses have some getting used to, but don't see how she could EVER get used to these.

Retro Baby Love Tattoo on Superwash 2 skeins with 1 trim $53 ppd
MavericksMama is offline   Reply With Quote