View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #2
Hi-Dog
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Cloth Wipes for the budget?

Yep, cloth wipes are definitely the logical choice!

For wipe solution, I just use a few drops of Dr. Bronner's liquid soap in water (I personally use the Lavender, but they have all sorts of scented and unscented varieties). I have found wipe cubes/solutions to be a PITA and this is dead simple. You can just use a bit of baby wash you already have.

I have mostly wipes that I have bought over time, I LOVE Thirsties wipes, but they are a bit pricey. I just bulked up my wipe stash by ordering a dozen Gro-Via brand wipes for 12.50 with free shipping (Amazon Prime). The fuzzibunz double sided wipes are nice, too. You can also make wipes out of flannel and serge/zig zag the edges to prevent fraying.

The number depends on how often you do diaper laundry. I would say it's probably good to have twice as many wipes as diapers you use.

I store about a dozen at a time in my wipes warmer. We generally "make wipes" daily.

I just throw mine right in the pail. I have rinsed wipes a few times if they were really bad, but if it's just formula or BF poo, it doesn't matter. Even now that she's on solids, I don't worry about the little streaks that end up on the wipe.

Last edited by Hi-Dog; 01-28-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Hi-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote