View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 06:43 PM   #1
sillymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Gender Disappointment

We had our anatomy scan today and found out we are having a baby girl. We have two girls, 6 & 4, and one son who will be 2 in March. I was really, really hoping for another boy. Based on my pregnancy so far (morning sickness and baby's heart rate) I was convinced I was having another boy so it was a surprise to find out that I was not correct. I know I should be grateful to have a healthy baby (and I am!) but I am really struggling with the news. This is the first time I have dealt with this because I was really hoping for a girl first, then I was thrilled to have a sister for my DD, and thrilled again to be having a boy after two girls. The sane part of me knows these feeling will be resolved soon enough and once this baby girl joins our family I will never be able to imagine life differently. I guess I just need to get these feelings out. I am really glad that I know the gender and have a few months to adjust to everything. I feel like if I had waited to find out I would have had a hard time bonding at birth.
sillymama is offline   Reply With Quote