Old 01-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #9
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Carseat advice for a large van!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchkids View Post
I have to disagree. We've put rearfacing carseats in the other rows in a 12 passenger van. Sure, it's not as easy as installing them in other vehicles but I can't say it's terribly hard either. We've put the Radians rear facing in the other rows. For infants, I always use a bucket type seat because I tend to have small babies, then switch to the convertible seats and use them rear facing until they are at least 3. We typically have had 2 rear facing seats in the first row of bench seats and then the third one in the next row back.
Really? Do you have the same van we have, a Chevy Express 15 passenger 3500? My understanding is this is the same vehicle the OP is getting. We literally cannot get them in anywhere but the first bench if they are rear facing. It isn't that it is hard to install. It is that they do NOT fit between the rows and cannot be forced to fit. Maybe you have a different make/model or year (ours is 2007) or totally different seats. We have Radians and Gracos and infant Gracos and a random Eddie Bower. For my vehicle, which I thought was the same exact as OP is looking at, nothing fits rear-facing behind the first bench row. We were very surprised when we discovered this and turned our older twins around a little sooner than we would have otherwise.

OP - I've never had an issue getting our infant seats in and out of the van. We did put a running board on ours, so we have a step up. But, we have not always had that.