View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #20
Lousli
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How to convince dh to have another???

We were both "pretty sure" we were done. Enough that we gave away a lot of the baby stuff or semi-permanent loaned it to other people. But the "pretty sure" changed to "not so sure" and then to "why not" and then to "heck yeah!" So I ended up with that far apart spacing with a 9 year old, 6 year old, and a newborn. It was great for us though, the timing was what we needed it to be and the older girls are so helpful and sweet with the baby.

My DH was not on board to the idea as quickly as I was. But I didn't really have to convince him. I just told him how I felt and why I wanted to, and he agreed. Part of it was that my first two girls were early and when my second one was born she spent 23 days in the NICU. I was also pretty sick when I had her, so it really freaked my DH out. I think that when I made an appointment to discuss things with a high-risk OB before we even started trying, it eased his mind a lot. Fortunately, #3 was only a couple of weeks early and was a take-home baby right away!