View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 11:03 AM   #1
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:
Question Snaps or aplix in this situation?

I need to swap out our BGEs for a couple daypacks of Flip covers with the new organic flat inserts when they are released. I am currently using mostly flats under wool soakers at home and the BGEs for outings and DH to use. I am sick of having to run the dryer a second cycle for just the BGEs after the flats, wipes and doublers are completely dry. We have remedied ds' s issues with PUL (it was a detergent issue) and I want to fully switch to just flats mostly padfolded, Flips and a couple soakers for airing out time. I am buying just for my almost 18 mo and need these covers to last until around age 3 (seems to be the magic PLing age for my boys). I don't want to have to replace them and they will only be used on him and then either tossed or given away at that point.

I am leaning towards aplix because it is faster and gives a better fit and is easier for helpers to change him, but I am not sure they will last 18 months. I would have a stash of 8 Flips, 16 organic flip flats, 12 GMD flats and 2 soakers for full time including nights. I will likely hang dry covers. I do like how snaps stay looking new though, so I am undecided. I have a lot going on in my life right now and just need diapers to be easy and not have to think about buying, selling or taking extra care of them. Which would you go with? It really needs to be either one of another, a streamlined stash works best for our household.

Last edited by FernHollow; 01-29-2013 at 11:15 AM.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote