Old 01-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #22
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2013~ weekly chat ~ 1/28-2/3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 View Post
Soo- today mil was over at the house and we were talking about labor etc. I said that I wanted to labor at home and head to the hosp when I was close. We were talking about what to do with the lo's and she said my niece could watch them in the lobby while she was in the room with us.... uh. no. you've been there for all three, I'm not letting anyone but dh in the room or someone with some medical training. Sorry. She didn't really say anything, but I could tell she was not happy with me. It's NOT your right as a gma to be there during delivery! lol I want my last birth to be intimate. I've had very public births with all three kids. No one believes we can hold out either about not finding out the sex. WTF ever. seriously. I haven't told my mom yet, about not being there, but she's 3 hrs away so probably won't be a big deal since I won't be calling anyone when labor starts. Sorry vent over.
I don't let anyone in the room when I'm in labor except DH, nurses, and OB. When I was induced with DD everyone stuck around (my parents, in-laws, etc) until they were wheeling everything in the room for the delivery. I was trying to be nice since it was my in-laws first grandchild and not tick anyone off, but my FIL kept rubbing my leg. He touched me more than my own husband during delviery!!!! I kept trying to give hints to DH that they needed to leave when I was in transition, but he didn't pick up on them.

After DD was born and I was pg with DS I told DH my concerns about delivery again and how I didn't care who I ticked off that time, I wasn't going to be petted like a darn dog while in labor by his father. He talked to both of his parents (luckily they were going through a divorce and his dad had moved away by this point) and told them that we weren't going to let anyone know that didn't immediatly need to know that I was in labor until the baby was here. Another stroke of luck happened for me when DS decided to come on his own.....at night!!!! It was sooooo much better at night, with no one even waiting in the waiting room!!!!! No one will be in there this time either....there are just toooo many things a person can see that could scar them for life if they came into the room when I'm giving birth.