View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 08:35 AM   #12
MrsCrafty's Avatar
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,960
My Mood:
Re: I need some help - DD may have hearing loss

Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
If you are concerned you will want an Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR) from an ENT. If she does have hearing loss then you'll also probably want an Audiologist and to begin SLP services. That's about the age my DD was identified. Please feel free to PM with any questions!!
I agree with this. My DS is hard of hearing, and after a few booth tests he was sedated for an ABR, which is the most accurate. You'll definitely want to see an ENT.
My DS started out with just a unilateral loss, he has an inner ear abnormality(EVA which was DX through a CT scan) in both ears though and has been losing hearing, so now it is bilateral.
I hope you get some answers quickly for your LO, feel free to pm me as well
Denise, building a life with B my farmer, Mom to L 09.2006, W 12.2006, A 04.2013, and B 09.2014 and one angel 10.24.2013
MrsCrafty is offline   Reply With Quote