View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #1
Mom2ManyBlessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ready To Give Up Again - Ideas??

I've used cloth for about 6 years now. I've been "done" with cloth twice, but end up regretting selling everything both times. I'm tired of washing so many times, I'm tired of diaper rashes, I'm tired of wool maintenance (and he's only been in it for a month or so) I'm just ready for simple and easy. I'm SO over trying new diapers and figuring out what works. This is my last baby, and my first girl to cloth diaper as a little baby (DD was 1 when I started) and I can't imagine using disposables for the next 3 years. I hate the waste, I hate the smell, but LOVE how easy it is!
I'm thinking of selling everything (even my beautiful woolies I took the time to knit/shop for, but dont have time to hand wash) and going to prefolds/flats at home and AIO's for out. . .and then being done, with DS, with diaper shopping, with everything. . .
I have read threads of Mama's feeling like me, did simplifying and then just using it because it's what you have work?

DS is sensitive to many diapers, but it seems prefolds (or any natural fiber) next to his skin works with PUL as long as he's changed often. I have no idea what DD will be like though. . .

Will PF's and Flats be too much work with how many littles I have? Oy, it's so difficult to decide but I'm about to sell it all and not look back. . .

ETA:
The most appealing options seem to be

A.
1 Dozen Diaper Rite Prefolds in Each Size
1 Dozen Small and 1 Dozen Large Flats
4 Small and 4 Lage Hemp PF's for Nights
6 Covers Each

B.
1 Dozen GMD PF's in Each Size
1 Dozen Small and 1 Dozen Large Flats GMD
6 Workhorse Fitteds Snapless in each Size
6 Covers Each

Seems SO simple, uniform and DD can use DS's when he's done, it'd be cheap to get her new covers if I wanted girly. No buying/selling/thinking.
No "I need to try that. . ." just birth to PT'd and done with it. . .

Last edited by Mom2ManyBlessings; 01-30-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote