View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 12:20 AM   #29
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Beware of Babyland & other "China" eBay nappies

With my first baby, I had an extensive WAHM and USA made diaper collection. It was pricey, but we had the money then. With child #2, I did not have the luxury of spending $20+ on used diapers or $25+ on new ones, so I went with Alva and cartoon diapers. Honestly? They have held up just fine despite that I dry them on hot every time I wash. They are cute, work good and are cheap. My luxury dipes this time? Bum Genius Freetimes. I have 6 I bought used that I covet.
Circumstances change. It's not that I do not support the USA, it's that it's nearly impossible to diaper cheaply with American made products. Yes, I have flats and prefolds. Guess what? Mostly made in China. As are my covers. Unless, I get pricey WAHM flats and covers, which then defeats the whole purpose of diapering cheaply. A $10 flat? Yeah, no.
If we have another baby at some point, perhaps our circumstances will have changed and I can again have a USA made stash. Until then, my sweet boy has his hiney covered in China cheapies.
Jacky, CPST and wife to Tim
Mama to my little red heads, Kenzie (5) and Maverick (3)Currently boycotting using the potty EVER
jackyl08 is offline   Reply With Quote