View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 07:25 AM   #19
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaiaschild
My understanding is that OM starts slow but picks up with 4th grade. I tried preS, K and 1st with my two. They were too slow for both, but I realize now that the slow approach wasn't best for them. We wound up switching, even though they did response well to the LA portion. It wasn't awful, but my two certainly needed a push after we switched. Math was lacking for us and we needed more phonics instruction. They responded best to more structured and workbooky type of items. I had really wanted OM to work, but I think now that it would have been a good curriculum for me as a kid. I have a toddler now and with his opposite nature, I'm curious to see if we'll wind up trying OM again in a few years.
This is why I went ahead and bought second grade curriculum. She's in first grade but already well into the second grade curriculum on the core subjects. I've been reading and figuring out what I'm supposed to be doing and I think it will be perfect for us. We've already done a lot of the activities in the past so it will be natural for us. I wish we had started with it in kindergarten but I just pulled her out of public school 7 weeks into this year.
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote