View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 08:59 AM   #18
thealmightyme
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapethevillage View Post

Which is kind of dumb, because obviously we do that....or I wouldn't notice that he's behind. If he were able to do the things the other kids can do, I wouldn't worry. If I weren't working with the kids, I wouldn't notice.

And, it's the PARENT'S job to make sure their child is being educated. It is the parent's job to make sure their child is at an age appropriate level. Just because a parent drops the child off, they do not hand off the responsibility to the daycare provider. The parents still do projects at home, they still work on letters, and learning at home. It's not "lets go home so mommy can catch up on Downton Abby". The parent still has several hours at home with their kids, plus weekends.

In THIS mom's case, she has nothing to base it on. He's an only child, there are no cousins, no friends of the same age, and he's not in any evening classes like Gymboree. So, she has nobody to compare it to, and no background in child development.
Several hours at home to do these extra things? How many people actually have several hours at home with their children to do these things? I get exactly 1 1/2 hours of time at home with my children during the week. In which I have to cook and feed them dinner and bathe them and get them to bed on time. How in the world would a mom in my situation be able to work with a child needing more work?

While the child is there why not have more one on one time?

The way you replied reads as if you are calling me dumb personally. I find that rude.
thealmightyme is offline   Reply With Quote