View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 09:46 AM   #25
GreyMum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hypothetically if your daycare provider.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapethevillage View Post
She says her pediatrician refused. She asked at Christmas time, he said "daycare providers don't understand child development". So, she said "O.K" and went home. But, he has another appt tomorrow for a weight check. (he's very small)

So, I want to suggest she at least ask to have his hearing checked. I don't need to send the test home with her. I was just wondering how a parent would feel if I sent home something like that with them.
When my daughter had her birth to three evaluation done, they sent her for a hearing test. They did not really suspect a hearing issue (she was a little over 1 at the time), but they said it was standard to have it done just to rule out hearing issues.

Honestly, I would probably print off some birth to three info, whatever the phone number is for your region, and suggest that she call.

Is he speaking? You mentioned he doesn't have language skills, but maybe I misunderstand.

My daughter could not say three words at age 1, so my pedi suggested birth to three. One of my daughter's teachers actually expressed several times that she didn't think she had a language issue, which actually made me feel guilty for having her in the program! But, I loved this particular teacher otherwise, so just brushed it off, and kept her in the program for as long as DH and I deemed necessary.
GreyMum is offline   Reply With Quote