View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 01:37 PM   #1
MamaWillow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
WWYD? DS hates preschool

About a year ago DS said he wanted to go to school so we put him a little program two days a week. He was excited about it for a month then never wanted to go, down to screaming and crying when I dropped him off. I'm a SAHM so there isn't a reason for me to force him to be there. We pulled him out.

In the fall, we figured it was time for him to go again, he was a couple months from turning 4. We did a different f
program, two days a week, but after a couple months moved to three days because he liked it so much.

Since Xmas, he has been saying he doesn't like school. Never ever wants to go, but almost always is happy once we get there. The past week or so it's been getting worse, and he really doesn't want to go. He asks every day if there is school and then says he doesn't like it. Yesterday it got even worse and he was super clingy, crying, freaking out. I stayed for a long time buy he never warmed up. I ended up taking him home with me. Today he didn't want to go so I didn't push it.

Would you pull him out completely? I don't have a need for childcare, I still have YDD when he's at school so it's not like I have kid free time. Because of where his birthday falls he won't start kindergarten until fall 2014 so he still has another year of preschool. DH has vivid and awful memories of being forced to go to preschool, and he's really sensitive about this. He remembers telling his mom he didn't want to go, crying and being forced, and wondering why no one was listening to him when he said he didn't want to be there. I want to respect DH's wishes but at the same time, I dunno if it's the best move. What do you think?
Rachel, SAHM to a 9yo teenager , a 4yo charmer , and a toddling koala bear , and wife to my hard-working hubs. Mostly AP, co-sleeping (with all 3!), BFing, quite crunchy, thrifty, curly-haired mama. Loving my life.
MamaWillow is offline   Reply With Quote