Treasures From Elf
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Deciding not to breast feed in advancei

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemarques View Post
I in no way intended to be judgmental. I am only saying those were standards I hold myself to for my daughter, not than anyone should or that I'd in any way want them to. I was saying FORMULA digusts ME. Not that women who formula feed disgust me.

I do however think that every woman should give breastfeeding a try. But obviously not if it would put the baby or mother in harm in ANY kind of way. And I do think women who CAN breastfeed, should put in a good effort because it is best for baby AND for mom.

I was only "judging" moms who care more about drinking/drugs/partying than having time to breastfeed or pump for their child.

I am still friends with every single friend who has chosen to formula feed, I have never put them down, or made them feel a bad parents for doing so.

I just feel that society has forgotten how truly important it is for a baby and for mother to breastfeed. The countless benefits of breastmilk and its importance are overlooked way too much, and formula is used for ease and convenience.
Whether you intend to be judgmental or not, it comes that way to someone who truly truly tried their hardest and has guilt as a result.

I went to hell and back to nurse my daughter. It still grieves me to this day. Then I hear about how great breast is and how breast is the only option, or donor milk, and then feel like even more of a failure.

The person who said they felt guilt over only being able to tube feed their child, think about how much more guilt those of us who tried so hard to breastfeed and couldn't feel, and then to hear how much evil formula is, just compounds it. It strikes a very, very sore nerve.

This is my last baby, my husband got the big V, there are no more babies for me to nurse. I want to cry every time I think about nursing at all.

Just something to think about. There truly is a living, breathing person on the other end of things, on both sides of the equation.

And with that, I'm out.

I do want to apologize to those of you whose feelings I hurt. It truly is a sore subject for me, but I shouldn't have made anyone feel bad about their choices either. I'm sorry.