View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #8
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Moms of scheduled newborns

I don't know if I did what you are talking about but this is what it was -
For the first however many weeks it took to get bf well established I just fed every time time they squeaked.

Then I followed a loose babywise/baby whisperer type routine. Do some readings about awake times because I really found that key. At say a month the routine would be wake up, eat, 'awake time' and then back to sleep. If you really watch for the sleepy cues you'll be putting them down after the same amount of time awake (including eating time) in each cycle.

DD2 and I loved this. It was so fabulous. I didn't schedule by the clock, but eventually I did know roughly what time things would happen. Sometimes she would sleep longer than others during the day but regardless, when she woke up I'd feed and start the cycle over.

With dd1 I did the 'feed on demand' thing but I found that I was mixing up sleep cries and feed cries and I know in retrospect that I was often feeding an overtired baby who really wanted to go to sleep but was so tired all she could do was cry (which I thought meant feed me!). So for me, the routine was great. Not every family needs one.

eTA - DH did NOT understand the routine at all. My 5yr old was always coming to me telling me that daddy was trying to feed the baby but it was sleep time!

Last edited by isabelsmummy; 02-01-2013 at 01:52 PM.
isabelsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote