View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #207
Rdesonia
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Deciding not to breast feed in advancei

I BF DS till he was 6 months. I'm still Bfing DD at 18 months.

I personally can understand why someone would choose not to BF. With DS, I worked full time (I went back when he was 4 weeks old because I NEEDED the $ to support him.) I had to pump at lunch in a public restroom while customers went poop in the next stall. I was not given extra time or breaks to pump. I has to use a manual (later I got a battery operated) pump as the bathroom had no access to a plug. It was awful. I did it for 5 months (till he was 6 months old). It was not pleasant.

With DD, she has a high palet. I've had nipple pain since day one. Sheilds don't help. I've basically have been in pain at every feeding for a year and 1/2. She gagged and choked on bottles so I felt I had no choice. She also had reflux and spit up more when she was given formula. She can drink from a sippy cup but refuses cow's milk, formula, and most liquids. I can't wean her till she takes enough fluids by other means.

Breastfeeding is not always a beautiful bonding experience that it is for some. I love my kids and I will probably BF my next one. But I don't judge others for not wanting to BF.

I do JUDGE other moms that are super judgemental. We should be supporting each other even if we don't always agree with the other mom's parenting choices.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia

Last edited by Rdesonia; 02-01-2013 at 02:23 PM.