View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #1
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Another newborn sleep thread

DS will be 6 weeks on Sunday, he's such a sweet little guy! He's fed on demand now that he's regained his birth weight. The problem ( and its not really a problem but the circumstances surrounding it make it an issue) is he only sleeps when bring held or laying on mine or dh's chest. The last few days he wants held all day. I love all the snuggle time as he's our last and I babywear during the day to get stuff done and care for 19month old DD. the issue is I have to go back to work in 2 weeks. DD was much the same until 8ish weeks but I'll be going back to work that week and really need a little more sleep (I get some sleep since we cosleep but its light sleep and I'm an ER nurse so constant sleep deprivation could be ugly). I am against CIO. Any suggestions? We've tried swaddling but he fights against it. We've tried his bassinet, pnp, bouncy seat and swing but he cries instantly. I'm inclined to think he just needs more time but dh is worried about me going back to work with the way things currently are.