Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Moms of scheduled newborns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
I have 3 kids and never scheduled any of them, they just all came with their own schedule.

It was typically something like this - every 2-3 hours nurse, then play, then sleep, repeat.

I actually don't understand the purpose of scheduling a newborn. They already have their own natural rhythm/schedule and it's pretty easy to follow once you figure it out.

I am not being at all sarcastic.

Is that what you mean by "scheduling" ?

ETA: I'm sorry, I have to apologize b/c even with the "not being sarcastic" it still DOES read that way, doesn't it? I truly wasn't trying to be. I am actually genuinely curious about the reasons for scheduling a newborn. Please no one be offended.
DS was a crazy lazy nurser and he NEVER slept after the first week. Like never! I ended up with mastitis twice because he lazily nursed (half asleep and never stayed awake during a feeding) for 30-40 minutes every 1 1/2 hours or more. DH couldn't even sleep because DS wanted to be attached to me 24/7 (not doable with a 12 month old DD haha) Everyone in my house was miserable. We scheduled his feedings and made him wait 3 hours. We offered a pacifier and interacted with him, but no nursing. After that he slept better, I had no more problems nursing and everyone was generally happier. He literally never cried after we made the change. Totally different than with my DD, but that's what worked for him.