Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Refusal to Vaccinate Form

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
I agree with this. I don't think it's that big of a deal. It's to cover their rear-ends, legally.

So that, goodness forbid, your kid gets Diptheria and dies, you can't sue the doctor for not giving your kid the DTaP vax.

Remember, we live in a sue-happy place, where everyone is looking to make a buck off a tragedy, fair or not. So docs just need to cover their bases, so that they can practice medicine the way you want them to, without having to worry about litigation for doing it your way.

That's how I've always thought about it. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. I am almost positive it is, on some level, related to trying to stop lawsuits.

I always sign their stupid form. I *HATE* those forms, but I understand their purpose, so I always sign them.
Unfortunately the door only swings one way... If your child dies or is injured from the DTaP (or any other vaccine), you can't sue the doctor, or the vaccine manufacturer, even if your child had a condition for which the vaccine was contraindicated. Doctors and vaccines manufacturers are in no way liable for vaccine injuries or deaths, regardless of whether there was gross negligence involved by the manufacturer or doctor administering it.
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote