Old 02-02-2013, 01:22 AM   #25
MakingHome
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Moms of scheduled newborns

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeweese View Post
When used correctly, Babywise does not create a threat. It is the parents who are unbending to the schedule and not paying attention to the parts of the book explaining feeding when hungry, charts showing proper output, etc. It may not be for everyone, but the book in no way says to neglect your baby in any way.
I completely agree. When I reread it before our 5th baby, I specifically dog-eared every page that referenced flexibility, feeding a hungry baby, not watching the clock, etc. Nearly every page was dog-eared. The book offers a bazillion reminders and tips on how to monitor baby's growth, be sure they're getting enough, and says numerous times that you ALWAYS feed a hungry baby.

It's definitely worth reading the actual book itself-- hearing the message from the source. It's been a sanity saver for our family, and I'm so glad to have come across it from the very beginning of our parenting journey.

I aim to encourage Christian women at Making Home.
MakingHome is offline   Reply With Quote