View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #5
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Being admitted again out of state, helping to prepare?

Thanks guys! To throw a crappy monkey wrench in all this, he has an ear infection that we were at the drs for this morning. I called the hospital to see if we have to reschedule and they said that tests won't officially start until Monday even though the admission is tomorrow so they are hopeful 48 hrs of antibiotics is enough to help him feel better. They did say if he starts to run a fever or just seems not well, that we will have to reschedule. A lot of planning went into this date, I'm having surgery myself in 3 weeks so rescheduling would have to be months from now, which we don't have, health wise for him, to wait on. I really hope he's feeling better tomorrow for himself and this admit.

I did talk with the admitting nurse on Thursday night. I'm almost thankful that she called when ds was screaming bloody murder and had just hit me in the head hard so she could hear how worked up he gets and how much he can injure someone. It sounded like him having his own room wasn't a done deal and I explained that it was a HUGE safety risk to give him a roommate. I also let her know that he is a safety risk to the staff and everyone needs to be on alert. She said she would call to that floor's nursing staff about his room placement. I'm not trying to be a pain in the butt who just wants her own room. I can't sleep and guarantee that he won't wake up quietly and mess with the other child and harm them to the extent of them needing an ER visit. His bus service with his school started this week and he's been very, very off the wall. He says he really loves the bus but it's change and stressful for him.

I am going to request help from child life. We will certainly need it. Thankfully they are admitting him on Sunday and not starting tests until Monday (they want to watch him as we usually feed him, etc). So they will give him Sunday afternoon into Monday morning to get comfortable (if that's possible).

I hear you on the formula. I have learned, if we are local, I just plan to supply all his Neocate Jr for his entire stay, they never have it. If we are out of state, I bring enough for 2 days just in case. His admission is Sunday so I am expecting that they won't have it ready until mid-day on Monday.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote