View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #28
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
Formerly: **kau*
seller

My Mood:
Re: My mirena story *possible trigger*

Thank you for posting. I always feel like such a freak or a downer when anytime I see a mama on here asking about it that I tell them DON'T DO IT! Honestly it feels like a mission for me to warn women not to get one. I have had secondary infertility and had 3 m/c I believe because of the IUD. Mine also got lost before removal, it took them a month, several appointments and an ultrasound to find it. I got lucky though that they found my IUD on the ultrasound and I was able to skip the surgery. That being said it got lost and implanted itself elsewhere. Oh and hurt like heck for them to retrieve but no surgery thank god.

I didn't get a period back for over a year. I only ovulated twice in one year and had numerous heartbreak over losing children because with every ovulation that happened I did become pregnant. They tested me a bit and they even tried to jump start my cycles again with medication and it didn't work.

Before the IUD I was so fertile I had become pregnant while taking the pill TWICE and I was using it properly. Many things in my life had changed health wise since the IUD. I can't prove or pinpoint anything for sure but I am hearing more and more horror stories of health problems and issues after the mirena.

Oh I wanted to add... I eventually was able to conceive after 2 years. I hope my body is normal again after the baby is born but we will see.

Last edited by Mommyto2B2G; 02-02-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Mommyto2B2G is offline   Reply With Quote