View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #19
Registered Users
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,381
Re: Are there still home ec teachers in school?

Originally Posted by Numommy View Post
I am bumping my old thread I still want to do this. I had forgotten about this thread and was doing a search. Anyone know the degree required? I have a nursing degree now, would ideally like to take classes and enter a masters program.
I have this degree . I have a bachelor's degree in secondary education with the endorsement in Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS). Secondary education (7-12) has to be endorsed in a specific subject area (math, science, FCS, etc). Yes, you can get a Master's Degree in secondary education with a FCS endorsement, just like a bachelors degree. I am assuming your nursing degree is a BSN? If you don't already have a bachelor's degree, you can't go straight to a Master's.
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote