View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #7
Pixi6s
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Yeast came back

I don't know if oxyclean is good enough (don't know the ingredients) but we are using biokleen oxygen bleach and it seems to kill the yeast. I also use 1/2 tbs of GSE in the rinse cycle. I've read that using both is ideal.

http://www.pinstripesandpolkadots.com/yeastvscloth.htm

I have a front loader. I use 1oz of the powder in the warm soak that I use for a rinse. Then 1oz in the main wash. I also have been using Sanitize to help kill the yeast. If you don't have this option you may want to turn up your hot water (unless its really hot normally) . Then an extra warm rinse with the GSE. I'm so ready for it to be done. It was at "almost gone" 5 days ago. Every day its a tiny bit better but won't die!

Ug.

also make sure you are washing everything that comes in contact with the yeast in bleach. Wipes, diapers, wet bag, pail liners, changing pad covers. Make sure if its peeking out of the diaper area at all that you are disinfecting clothes. I put GSE 20 drop per oz in our soap dispensers to help disinfect hands after touching the yeast.

Make sure whatever you are applying to baby you don't infect with yeast by touching bum, then touching the container again.

Such a pain.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here and here.

Last edited by Pixi6s; 02-03-2013 at 07:19 AM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote