Old 02-03-2013, 07:16 PM   #19
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: s/o Why are we so concerned about fomula feeders

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphreysmommy View Post
I am not "concerned" about what other people do. At the end of the day I don't lose sleep over what others do with their kids. I care on a bigger level like that report that came out last year that we can save billions if most people breastfed and that our children would be much healthier. I care about changing the cultural perceptions of breastfeeding and making sure there is support for every mom who wants to breastfeed. I care about getting pumping opportunities for working moms. I care about true informed consent and parents having information before they make decisions. I care about the waste and environmental costs. I care about hospitals not sabotaging breastfeeding by separating moms and babies and advertising for formula companies. I care about women's right to nurse and baby's right to eat wherever without harassment. I care about all those things and more but no I don't care if a mom formula feeds as an individual, I am much more concerned about the mass effects it is having on society as a whole.
This. I care about it on a societal level, not an individual level. I will not judge nor look down on a mom who FF. I will judge and look down on hospitals that provide no support or help, formula companies that rather push their agenda to make $ rather than the health of families, and so on.

I also do care how children are raised. That is more in a if I think a child is being abused/neglected type of caring though. I don't care if you feed your kid pop tarts for breakfast, but I do care if you neglect your child and not feed them at all.

ETA: And to answer the questions "why would you care?" because I have met such neglected and abused children and it's really sad, and I don't wish that upon any child.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote