View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Mini Minimalist Challenge: 2/4-2/8

The Mini Minimalist Challenge runs each week from Monday-Friday. Weekends can be used as catch up days, and would be a great time to drop off donations. Before & After pictures (or any other progress photos) are encouraged!

I will post the entire 5 days all at once, in case you would like to plan ahead or work out of order. Keep in mind that not all challenges will be relevant for every person or every home. If you find a challenge that does not need to be done, or is in an area of your home that you do not have, either consider it a day off or focus on an area that you really do need to work on.

If you're feeling extra motivated, this is also a good time to wipe down surfaces or vacuum areas that don't usually get much attention. You can consolidate items, eliminate packaging, or reorganize while working on the challenge in that area... but it's okay if you don't!

The goal will be to purge 5 things from each area. You may find more and you may find less, but you want to aim for at least 5 whenever possible. If you stick to just the minimum, you will purge 25 things from your home every week! Comment with your progress and to encourage others, and share with us your successes and struggles.

If you are new, feel free to jump right in where you are! Don't feel like you need to backtrack or catch up to us.

Week #6

Monday 2.4.13: Purge 5 items from your power cords & chargers. Have you been wanting to label them? Now would be a great time to do that.

Tuesday 2.5.13: Purge 5 items from your shoes and other outdoor accessories (hats, sunglasses, mittens, etc.). Look at your stuff as well as your kids' stuff.

Wednesday 2.6.13: Purge 5 items from your jewelry box. Don't have one? What other accessories do you have an abundance of? Daughters with lots of hair accessories?

Thursday 2.7.13: Purge 5 items from your bedroom nightstands, dressers, and shelves (or from any other area in your bedroom that needs it). This would be a good time to dust surfaces, wipe down your windows, vacuum, and put fresh sheets on your bed (if you're feeling motivated).

Friday 2.8.13: Purge 5 (more) items from your kids' toys. This could include books, craft items, or anything else that your children play with. We already visited this area last month; let's take another look (I know many of us have been wanting to simplify in this area, and it's a good one to revisit regularly as they lose interest or we feel more ready to minimize).

BONUS TASK: Lift up those couch cushions and take a look at what might be lurking in there. Get out the vacuum and clean them up well. This would also be a good time to check out what's underneath the couch and vacuum under there, too.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?

Last edited by wordbox; 02-04-2013 at 09:42 AM.
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote