View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #19
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Feb 3rd - 9th

this baby is active some days and not active others. It really stresses me out. Was hanging out with a preggo friend earlier and she was talking about the scares of listeria and lunchmeat and I had a lunchmeat sandwich (which I am paranoid about, but I always heat the lunchmeat, so really, there should be nothing to fear) and then I got a stomach issue and then baby hasn't been moving around this time of day like normal (I always notice cause DD is napping and I sit at the computer and usually baby dances around in there). So, I'm sorta freaking out right now.

why do these little babies do this to us? Freaking us out like this! Not nice! And then they come out and turn into 2 yo's who fight us because they don't know how much we love them and want to give them good things... and then eventually they'll be teenagers and we can only hope that when they turn 30 and have babies that they finally appreciate their parents! lol. I'm joking.. but I'm also serious.

babies need to be nicer to us from the get-go. Move around a lot, but not painfully. and give lots of cuddles every day when you come out.

glad your DD isn't vomiting anymore... I want to go ice fishing - fun! If she's fine for the rest of the day and the night, I'd probably let her go. Atleast she's old enough not to be sticking her hands and such in her mouth like a child, right? so, seems like kids are most contagious before they actually show symptoms anyways.

DH wasn't able to commiserate with me this morning about my stress regarding childcare because he was running late for work. I texted him a bit ago with an idea and he's taken the ball and is checking to see possibilities, so hopefully we'll have real answers soon. I mean, in an emergency situation, I have tons of wonderful friends who will watch her. but ideally, someone with no kids would come to our house and shower DD with attention.

I hate to say she's high maintenance.. but.... she sorta is. I imagine friends who have older kids would do well with her - but friends with babies who need their own constant attention would probably be very overwhelmed with her. She does not play on her own and she's too little to play with other children. Anyways.. hopefully this plan will pan out.

and here's hoping everyone will have DH's around to help for atleast a little while after babies are born! We haven't discussed the specifics this time around, but DH should get 10 days of paternity leave. We're military, so that counts the weekend days too... *eyeroll* Last time, he took off an entire month - technically he took off from work before I did - lol - my first day to miss work was the day DD was born. That was his 2nd day. but.. being as he was deploying last time, he wanted to spend as much time with her as possible before he left. So, I don't expect him to burn that much leave this time. Although I'd be all for it