View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Easy dairy free Mounds Bars

or almond joy if you can do almonds. http://www.thewannabechef.net/2010/1...de-mounds-bar/

These are very good and very simple. I used Enjoy Life chips (I actually used 2 cups). Next time I might add some coconut oil to the chocolate to keep it smoother longer. Probably melt half and cover half then clean the dish and repeat. By time I got to the end the little flakes left behind made the bars quite lumpy. I used Earth's Balance butter and maple syrup. Next time I won't make the shape the same- looks like something that you mind find in a diaper. Next time I'll make them balls or use a chocolate mold.

I am having a lot of fun with our new coconut freedom. DD still insists that she doesn't like coconut, but it has only been a few days since she passed her challenge. She ate 3/4 of one of the mounds bars before she said she only likes the chocolate and not the coconut. I have also been mixing her soy milk half and half with coconut milk (she didn't like it by itself) and she didn't even notice. I am going to put some flakes in her next batch of granola bars.