Thread: Frustrated
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 11:15 PM   #8
BCGamerMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We have basically just gone through the exact same thing here in BC. DD was assessed in September (27 months - delay in expressive speech), and now again last week (almost 32 months - possible auditory processing problem) and we have to go back in May again.
Did the SLP give you stuff to work on at home? We dove in hard with sign language and that has made a huge difference for her, she is still having issues but she is communicating quite well now, once she learned a sign the word would follow and now I actually sign to her in signed exact english most of the time so she can better understand that the sounds I'm making are words and they are being directed at her. The sad thing is that even when you do get off the wait list the services are less therapy and more here is what you can do at home see you in month. So the more you can do at home the better. It's so frustrating when we are told over and over how important early intervention is but when our kids need it and we seek it out we get told we have to wait. *hugs*

Check out our Journey of parenting and Autism Velcro and Video Games
I always love a good trade, see my ISO / IHA here
BCGamerMom is offline   Reply With Quote